Hi, I’m Jason Acidre, an online marketing consultant based in the Philippines. But as a kid, I’ve always dreamed of becoming a documentarist.
Being a marketing consultant for over 2 years has taught me a lot of things, particularly on how fast valuable information can be spread to different places, races and even generations with the help of technology.
When a simple thought/idea reaches its right audience, it can create a big impact that can change people’s perceptions and lives.
My blog has (somehow) helped a lot of people these past 2 years, and it just feels right to step it up a notch and take a bigger leap so I can help more.
That’s something that I’ve always wanted to do (even when I was just a kid). I wanted to compel more people. It’s a small initiative and contribution that (I hope and think) can make the world – in some way – a better place.
Early last year, I already planned on getting back to what I believed can help me help more people. And that’s the time I’ve thought of launching my own film production. Now, I’m decided in pursuing it. But I’m going to need your help.
PS: I’m not leaving the SEO industry. This is a passion project that I and a few friends are willing to work on after our working hours.
What is Gear Up Manila
Gear Up Manila is an online video and film production that devotes to inspire and educate Filipinos (and possibly other 3rd world countries) on how to shape ideas and create opportunities for themselves through the stories/works that we’ll be filming/sharing.
It’s a passion project that aims to spread awareness, where we can showcase our local culture (from music, brands, organizations, communities, underground, startups, contemporary art to philosophy) to the world.
Why are we doing this?
- To help our local music scene, SMBs, non-profit organizations and communities get their voices out to a wider audience and promote their cause (for free).
- For small and medium businesses here to embrace online marketing, once they realize how creating stories around their brand can impact their sales and marketing processes for a lower cost.
- To eventually help promising filmmakers and storytellers get their stories/ideas out, by helping them produce their films.
- To spread more information, ideas and inspiration to aspiring artists, entrepreneurs and future leaders of our generation (as what I’ve mentioned above).
Inbound marketing and content strategy
Basically, our content strategy will focus on absorbing our subjects’ followers/peers, as we feature them through our shows/documentaries.
Here are a few of the ideas (online shows/documentaries) that I’ve originally drafted last year for our marketing campaign:
- Real Manila – a 30 minute documentary series that will feature our local underground culture (ex: gaming scene, music scene, parkour, entrepreneurship, issues that different communities are facing and how to solve them, etc…). The core elements of this show will be the depth of information, story/experience and transparency.
- To create full-length documentary films (or could be a series) of how to actually do big things (like starting a business from ground up or how indie bands survive).
- Offer to make music videos to local indie artists for free and make it a weekly/monthly series. As both ends promote the video, we get to attract more visitors and possible subscribers to the site’s blog.
- Produce indie feature and short films that will cover real world situations and aim to inspire people in overcoming these challenges.
- Another show that will feature local brands (small and medium sized businesses) and local organizations (non-profit), where the show will share their behind the scenes (operations, organizational structure, business planning, story, etc…).
- A documentary series about Gear Up Manila (behind the scenes and tracking its progress/growth).
All videos will be posted on our site, and can be viewed for free.
We haven’t really thought of this one yet, as the project has so many paths to choose from. Below are some of the viable options:
- Consulting services for online video creation and marketing (for local businesses who’ll be interested with what we’re doing or I can funnel these inquiries to the online marketing agency I’m currently running).
- Go mainstream (in the long run) and produce indie films that will be shown in local cinemas.
What we need and what you get
The funds we’re raising will all go to the flim and post production equipment we need, as well as with the operational funds for our start-up period.
If in case we don’t get to reach our entire goal for this crowdfunding campaign, we’d definitely still move on with the project with our group’s ingenuity and persistence, and run it on a shoestring budget.
Here are some of the perks that you can claim if you help us achieve our goals:
- Emboss your name on our site’s about page (funders’ section)
- We’ll acknowledge your contribution by including your name on the closing credits on all of our shows.
- I’ll give a one week free online marketing and SEO consultation for your business’ website (which includes site audit, analysis and recommendations).
- One month free online marketing and SEO consultation for your business’ website, where you can also throw bunch of questions about improving your site’s performance to me for the entire month.
- We’ll create a video (kinetic typography) for your business and promote it online.
- Include your brand’s logo (closing credits) on every show we produce.
If in case you can’t donate cash, you can also help us if you or your friends have film production equipment that they no longer use (you can check this link for a short list of film production equipment). Feel free to contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyway, thanks for the time reading. We’re still working on the campaign video, will be adding that soon here!
Check out our page on Indiegogo to contribute and claim your perks.