2012 has been a both great and tough year for link builders all over the world. I kept writing about link building and shared what I’ve continuously learned, despite the evolving challenges we all share and encounter at some point.
Below are several of my popular entries this year that are about link development tips and strategies. The list was sorted out based on each post’s popularity and reception – through social shares, comments, unique pageviews, conversions and number of links they have naturally gained.
10 Best Link Building Posts on Kaiserthesage from 2012
— wilreynolds (@wilreynolds) June 24, 2012
— Matt Sawyer (@mattuk) May 4, 2012
— wilreynolds (@wilreynolds) March 18, 2012
Sharing: 10 Ways to Use Images for Link Building – bit.ly/JXSqLJ
— Richard Baxter (@richardbaxter) June 13, 2012
— Jon Cooper (@PointBlankSEO) April 13, 2012
— James Agate (@jamesagate) May 29, 2012
Another solid post utilizing so many smart tactics – Linker Outreach: A Method for Social and Editorial Link Building – bit.ly/zIf87e
— John Doherty (@dohertyjf) January 10, 2012
— Matt Polsky (@mattpolsky) September 11, 2012
— Nick Eubanks (@nick_eubanks) October 10, 2012
— Gianluca Fiorelli (@gfiorelli1) March 26, 2012
There are also other blog entries – which also involved the topic link building – that didn’t make it to the top 10. Most of them were just included as a part of other posts that tackled broader topics (content marketing, inbound marketing or social media) and/or slide presentations from speaking gigs (such as this and this).
If in case you’d like to see some of them, you can check out the extensive list all of my posts on online marketing and SEO strategies.
Link Building Guest Posts
I’ve also written link building posts that were published on other industry blogs, and you can check them out below:
- 9 Tangible Linkable Asset Ideas and how to build links to them – SEOmoz
- Crazy Link Building Ideas that Work – Koozai
- Link Building Process Models for Enterprise and Agency-level SEO – BuzzStream
- 8 Link Marketing Methods for SMBs – RavenTools
- How to Promote and Build Links to your Great Content – SearchBrat
- Link Building in the Age of Google Search Plus your World – PointBlankSEO
Best Link Building Tips, Strategies and Resources I’ve Read in 2012
Below are the most remarkable resources from the people I highly respect in the link building community – that really influenced my thinking and on how I will probably approach work this 2013.
- Do Real Company Stuff #RCS – Wil Reynolds
- Stalking for Links – Wil Reynolds
- RCS – how we do it with a live sample – Wil Reynolds
- Link Building Strategies: 2013 Edition – Ross Hudgens
- Link Building by Imitation – Ross Hudgens
- 33 links and how to get them – Justin Briggs
- Better than Link Building: Authority Building with HARO – Matt McGee
- Fundamentals of Large Scale Link Building – Garrett French
- How SEOGadget Builds Links – Richard Baxter
- Let Go of the Link Building Wire – Ian Lurie
- 35 Link Building Tips – Paddy Moogan
- The Complete Guide to Link Building with Local Events – Kane Jamison
- Link Building Means Earning “Hard Links” Not “Easy Links” – Danny Sullivan
- The 6-Month Link Building Plan for an Established Website – James Agate
- Rethinking Enterprise Link Building in a Post-Penguin Era – Loren Baker
- The Most Creative Link Building Post – Jon Cooper
For 2013, I’ll definitely write more posts about new link building strategies. But I plan to focus more on case studies (with comprehensive and actionable guides, of course).
2012 was a great year. We can expect more changes and challenges this coming year, but the thing that I really love the most about our community is that we all help each other, particularly in sharing usable information.
Let’s all get better this year. Happy New Year fellow link builders!