Developing infographics or data visualizations has been one of the most efficient ways to market websites in the age of social media, as this method is capable of grabbing attention – probably on any niche – through visual attraction and the substantiality of the information that these design-driven contents contain.
This powerful approach to online marketing can also benefit a site’s campaign in ways such as:
- Sending out massive brand signals (by simply including the brand’s logo within the infograph)
- Attracting natural links that are usually drawn through the quality, linkability and shareability of the content.
- In generating leads as the data conceptualized, structured and presented through the infographic can greatly exemplify the brand’s expertise in the field.
- Building the site’s social authority, knowing that this method is capable of getting massive social shares on various social networks – especially if the content is well-crafted and promoted effectively.
Speaking of inspiration, I’ve been also planning to create my first infograph (actually, this one is Oli’s fault, because of his bucket list about the things marketers should do before they die that I’ve read recently, and yes, creating an infograph, by yourself, is one of them). I already have everything in place – the concept for the design, the data and the possible structure of the content – except for one, the time that I’ll have to spend in creating it, since I’m really swamped with work these past few weeks (with new clients and the development of the upcoming new version of Affiloblueprint). I’m just not sure when I will be able to launch my first infograph, but for sure, I will.
Ok, you might think that this post is just a filler, but don’t worry, I’m finishing up another post that is scheduled to be published this week. There are just those days when work has to devour our time. Anyway, here are some of the most awesome and useful infographics that I’ve seen this year. There are also some resources listed below on how to create and promote infographs (links that I’ve personally used for my own research – yeah, I’m really serious about making my first infograph, teehee).
The Noob Guide to Online Marketing - by Oli Gardner of Unbounce
DIY Guide to Successful Linkbait - by VoltierCreative
How Online Marketing Drives Offline Success - by KISSmetrics
The Top 20 Most Expensive Keywords in Google AdWords Advertising - by Wordstream
hosted on SEOmoz
Facebook VS. Google+ - by SingleGrain
The Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors - by Search Engine Land
The History of Search and SEO - by SEO.com
Infographic Creation, Promotion and Inspiration Resources
In Creating Infographics:
- How to Create Outstanding and Modern Infographics – Jonathan Patterson
- 10 Awesome Free Tools to Make Infographics – Angela Alcorn
- The Anatomy of an Infographic: 5 Steps to Create a Powerful Visual – Sneh Roy
- Infographic Designs: Overview, Examples and Best Practices – Anders Ross
- 7 1/2 Steps to Successful Infographics – Sarah Slobin
- 10 Tips for (Journalists) Designing Infographics – Randy Krum
- 5 Unbeatable Types of Infographic + Free Tools to Create Them – Ann Smarty
- 7 Free Online Tools for Information Graphic Design, Infographic Design – David Wallace
- How to Build Links with Infographics – Justin Briggs
- Link Building with Infographics – Wiep Knol
- Using Infographics for SEO – Link Building Infographics – InfographicDesign.org
- 11 Ways to Promote an Infograph – Lee Odden
- Why & How to Market with Infographics - Paul Obrien
- How to Create an Infograph and Market it – Tanner Christensen
- Infographic Marketing Strategies for Links & Brand Buzz – Ryan Clark
- Infographic Love
- Infographics Online Directory
- Cool Infographics Blog
- 79 Totally Awesome Infographics – Creative! – Leaflette
- 40 Awesome Infographic Designs which Helping Analysts – Dzinepress
- 40 Useful and Creative Infographics – Jacob Gube
- 19 Best Infographics from 2010 – Zachary Sniderman